Sunday, June 7, 2009

Meeting Family

Another day, another turkey boat. That puts me at three so far and hopefully I'll only need one more before I can check off and start making some real money. Not just money or beer that you get as a tip.....but the real dough. Even though beer is a great tip.

Ironically, two days ago, one of the older raft guides Sam said he saw my cousin over at the Tumbleweed book store. He was telling me this early in the morning just after we had a nice night of drinking heavily. I'm like "Sam your crazy...you did not see my cousin"! Blah Blah Blah....but when one of the girls (Jen) came up and asked me if i met up with my cousin yet I'm like, "ok what the hell is going on"? So i did some investigating and found out my cousin Katie was in Gardiner, MT getting a cup of coffee. So I biked around the city to see if i could find her. Of course i didn't find her so i called Allison my sis to see if she could get her number. Long story short I got her number, called her and she said they were in the park(who is they I'll get to that later). So we talked and decided to grab a beer later that evening.

So they got back into town and ate at Helens Hamburger Place, which i found out has the best hamburgers in the west. They are the size of your head and you get a lot of fries with it. So i walk into Helens and who do I see, But Katie Bain from L.A. and my aunt Sarah whom i haven't seen in like 15 years. So we talked and caught up on why in the heck we were all in the same little town in Montana.

Turns out Katie is making her way back home to De Pere, WI and then down to Tennessee and then back to L.A. on the 16th of June. Sarah is driving with her and i found out she was here with some famous guy Jim Halfpenny helping him track Grizzley Bears and Wolves. How sweet is that!! She showed me a cast of a bear paw print that she made and one of a wolve that was right next to it (they got them from the Lamar Valley in Yellowstone).

So after i saw where they were staying, which was like 5 blocks away from me....yeah i know!!!! we went off to the K-Bar for some beer. We continued to talk about life and siblings. I especially enjoyed of how jealous they were of me and my summer job. Yeah....life is good! So after making them feel bad about being able to give them a free raft ride down yellowstone and talking about the crazy drunks at the bar we parted ways. All in all a funny and crazy coincidence.

1 comment:

  1. Crazy coincidence indeed! I enjoyed it as much as you did.

    This is Katie, by the way : )

    ReplyDelete